Friday, July 24, 2009

I'm a Smart-Ass

Today, during pre-marital counseling, the male half of my mentor couple was asking about blogging, and how it's set up, and I explained to him about free online sites like blogger.com and how some blogs were just desultory expositions on what people did during the day ("Today I walked around the Rice village and ran into an old friend") and some are centralized around a specific theme ("Sarah's Southern Cooking Journey" or "Fred's Foray Through Med School" or "Paul's Political Profferings").

He asked, "So why would people read your blog?" (in a general sense) and I said, "Um, because it's awesome?"

Of course, an old friend once told me, "I always thought of you more as a wise ass than a smart ass."

MLIA.

9 comments:

latte artist said...

HAHAHAHAHA!

Alex J! said...

That's why I read your blog.

Pat Hastings said...

How do you do premarital counseling? On skype? On a conference call?

jchan985 said...

totally a valid reason.

jchan985 said...

...though I tend more to read your blog b/c YOU'RE awesome.

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

he gets to be on speakerphone, Pat. he misses out on Houston traffic (woo!) but also misses out on face-to-face interaction, playing with their cats, and eating the muffins she bakes every time (boo!).

Anonymous said...

Well, that's why I read your blog. If that makes you a smart-ass, then what does that make all of us?